Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pinball Machine Contest

A couple of weeks ago Wildcard, an awesome consignment shop here in Pittsburgh, announced a contest for a local artist to design and paint a 1970s vintage pinball machine. Brian, who co-owns and operates the shop, approached me and asked if I'd submit a design. So I said what the hell and gave it a shot.

A week or so later Brian calls me up and informs that I won and asked if I was up for the job. At first I was hesitant, not knowing anything about doing something of the sort, but I agreed of course. So now I have just about a month to make further designs, paint the different parts of the machine and finalize everything in time for the opening reception in July. I'm still very intimidated by the whole project, but I like challenges and feel confident that I can knock this thing out with a killer execution.

After the reception and show at Wildcard, where the finished machine will be on display, the game will be transported to be displayed at the World Pinball Tournament which happens to be in Pittsburgh this year. As things develop I'll post more pictures of the process and finished product. Cross your fingers folks, the clock is a-tickin'

1 comment:

mike bencze said...

This is awesommmmme!